observes Kwanzaa 2007
Asa Hilliard Night
Thursday, December 27, 2007, at 6 p.m.
Schlafly Branch Library, 225 N. Euclid, St. Louis.
The program begins with a sharing of information about Asa G. Hilliard, III, and the legacy he left us. We then screen a video of Hilliard's lecture "Cultural Genocide as a Tool of Armed Warfare." Discussion follows in the spirit of Kujichagulia.
Join us for ASA G. HILLIARD (Nana Baffour Amenkwatia) Night
is the title of our 2007 annual Kwanzaa program
Friday, December 28, 2007, 6 p.m. at
1321 S. 11th St.
St. Louis, Missouri
- Poetry from Mama Collette, Baba Senntchaas, Marie Chewe-Elliott, Antoinette Crayton, Wilma Potts, Bush Ra, and Linda Jo Smith. Special guestis Ms. Nterpretation, who will have CDs available for purchase.
- Art exhibit features work of Linda Darnece Jones Hawkins, KUSH, Wilma Potts, Byron D. Rogers, Yari Yari visual/graphic artist N'Dea Collins-Whitfield, Rochleigh Z. Wholfe, and others.
- Vendors include UJAMAA MAKTABA and Ken-Amen Bettis of ABORIGINALS
- Light refreshments served after the program, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- This program is free and open to the public.
for people of Afrikan descent